Wednesday, August 04, 2004

FOX News and polls

This morning when I was stretching after running I was interviewed by FOX News. Their vans were crawling all over Capitol Hill this morning -- another van actually tried to catch me for comments on Broadway when I ran by but I was still running and didn't stop. When they finally got me they asked me all kinds of fair and balanced questions about the presidential election:

"Do you really think John Kerry has the experience necessary to be president?"
"Are you going to vote for our president or for John Kerry?"
"Do you believe that John Kerry has the same potential for leadership as George Bush?"
"With the recent terror alert, are you concerned for your safety?"
"Would you be more concerned for your safety if John Kerry were elected?"

Gotta love that neutral media coverage!

***
Chris pointed out this website to me:

http://electoral-vote.com/

It's an aggregate summary of a bunch of state polls on the upcoming election and it's updated daily. It's a pretty neat site -- and with the electoral college structured the way it is, it's a lot more relevant than the national polls cited on news networks are.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So have you seen Outfoxed yet?

I caught it last week during the DNC onslaught of liberal activites in Boston. It was interesting...it was focused on showing how FOX is neither fair nor balanced.

I always find it interesting when people I know who are more conservative point to byass to the left at CNN and the three major networks as justification for having a news organization that is byassed to the right. The problem I have is that it seems to me that FOX is so byassed to the right that it pushes the envelope of even being responsible. Sad, really, I think.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

I have no problem with bias. I am biased. Everyone is biased. I have a problem with bias masquerading as impartiality.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the poster was speaking of byass, not bias..

pfft.. and you call yourself a linguist..

:)

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, to be fair, sometimes FNC is fair. For example, they have condemned this outrageous attack by the swift boat veterans on Kerry. and Bill O'Reilly supports medical marijuana for legitimate purposes. plus, they do have newscasters such as Geraldo, a known liberal.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home