Sunday, August 15, 2004

Garden State

Last night Chris and I saw our own personal double feature: Garden State and (finally!) Spiderman 2. I don't have much to say about Spiderman 2, but Garden State was really great, and I think at least some of you would really like it. I'd wanted to see it while it was at SIFF this year but never got around to it and was very disappointed about that, so I'm glad -- and after having seen the movie, not at all surprised -- that it's gotten enough attention on the festival circuit that it's in wide distribution now.

I'd never seen Zach Braff in anything else before (never watched Scrubs), but he did a really good job with this movie (starring, directing, writing). I'm definitely interested in seeing more of his stuff.

Go see it and let me know what you think. One thing that's interesting: apparently they shot an alternate ending (the alternative and juncture point are fairly clear when you see the movie). Still trying to decide which I like better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home