Sunday, June 13, 2004

Kickin' it usenet style

One of the links I posted further down the page

www.livejournal.com/users/jayblackcomedy

has a nice little old-skool usenet-style smackdown going on right now both in the regular posts and in the comments. I suspect that .talkers will find it oddly familiar, a comforting reminder of yesteryear. Or yesterday, for some of us.

In other smackdown news, I'm all a-twitter to find out what's going to happen with this Manning/Warner/Palmer (in his dreams) controversy that is not a controversy if you ask Tom Coughlin. So easy to forget that I'm a Seahawks fan these days.

Elway precedent or no Elway precedent, agent interference or no agent interference, I found Eli Manning's behavior wrt San Diego pretty off-putting. But okay, that's done. What I find more off-putting is the totally craptacular minicamp he's had. You give up as much as we I mean they gave up to get this guy and you expect someone at least a little, you know, good? Ray tells me he anticipates disaster, and although I'm still cherishing high hopes, I've learned from experience that Ray is usually right. My bet right now is that Warner is starting on opening day, and if Manning starts I expect Warner will be starting within the first five games.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Palmer was on the bachelor with 20 women who probably have no idea what a depth chart is. I wish the NFL would allow the depth chart to go two or three million deep so that I had a shot to call myself an "NFL Quaterback" -- realistically, I'm about as close as Palmer is to starting, when you think about it.

--jayblack (www.jayblackcomedy.com -- we're never afraid to plug ourselves any time anywhere!)

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Palmer was on the bachelor with 20 women who probably have no idea what a depth chart is. I wish the NFL would allow the depth chart to go two or three million deep so that I had a shot to call myself an "NFL Quaterback" -- realistically, I'm about as close as Palmer is to starting, when you think about it.

--jayblack (www.jayblackcomedy.com -- we're never afraid to plug ourselves any time anywhere!)

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Sorry about the double post. I've been up since 4 AM and I'm having trouble controlling my fingers/bowels (though the latter had nothing to do with the double post).)

--jayblack

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home