Monday, July 05, 2004

The American Way

Today I celebrated our nation's glorious birth The American Way: I earned money while everyone else loafed around on a free day from work. Since I just started my job I don't have holiday pay yet, so I went to work and played with Malayalam and Bengali for a while. The Microsoft campus is sort of eerie when no one's around. You move through empty, silent parking lots outside empty, silent buildings, all with the sneaking suspicion that security is just a moment away if you do anything shifty (a sensation that it befits my patriotism to point out is also rapidly becoming The American Way).

Me, I went on a secret commando mission around my building to find myself a better chair. I'm a chair slut, on my fourth chair in two weeks, forever updating and moving up the ranks by stealth. I think I'm going to keep this one for a while. Some angel of mercy who may or may not have had the health of my lower back in mind left this baby in a random copy room for me to swap out with my previous model. I figure if it's not in someone's office it's fair game. What can I say? I'm a dangerous sort of woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home