Saturday, July 17, 2004

I love living here

This afternoon my sister and I went to the Ballard Locks and the Pike Market, the Locks because she had never been there and because it's just really freakin cool and the market because she got off to a bad start with the market the first time around.
 
If you haven't been to the Locks and you have the chance to go, you really need to make that happen. If you're not familiar with the salmon ladders there, they're guided currents that let the salmon know which way to swim to get through the canal on their journey upstream to breed. Right now we're in the thick of sockeye migration season, so the place was really dense with fish, jumping out of the water and patiently working their way against the current. It's really, really cool.
 
Now we're back, with fresh cheese and bread and cinnamon pullaparts and cherries and strawberries and peaches and the best nectarines I've ever had in my life. I love living here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home