Sunday, November 14, 2004

Boys and clothes and shopping and math

Yesterday I bought knee socks and last night I wore them with a skirt on purpose, which is something I swore I'd never do through all the years of elementary and middle school uniforms that required me to wear navy blue and then hunter green knee socks every single day and all anyone really wanted was to wear any sockage but knee-highs. If Katy F., Deirdre M., or Eileen D. found out, they'd probably feel betrayed, unless they're wearing knee socks again too.

Katherine and I had a mediumly successful shopping expedition yesterday in which I learned that: Black and Decker has outlet stores; North Bend has a serious over-concentration of shoe stores at which one can buy knee-high leather boots for size 9 1/2 feet for $10.84 (sadly, I wear size 8); it was only a matter of time until I bought clogs, and the time has arrived.

When I was about eight years old my dad had a very serious conversation with me in which he told me that my other friends would start to be interested in boys and clothes and shopping but that I would not, because I'd have math. I ended up a weird kind of undercover-until-I-open-my-mouth nerd girl who likes boys and clothes and shopping and math.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home