Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yet another edition of Kieran's Ways of Taxonifying the People She Knows.

There may be no surer way to gauge the fiber of a person than to discern the answer to the following: is she a first track on the album kind of person or a last track of the album kind of person? If you've ever listened to more than three albums straight through, you know exactly what I mean.

Me, I'm a first track on the album kind of girl. Notwithstanding the title of the post below this one and my feeling that the first track of the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah album is the wrinkle in what is otherwise a near-perfect listening experience. As a rule, I'm first tracks all the way, although I have to hand it to Rollercoaster and Judy and the Dream of Horses. If I ever write an album, I'm writing an album of all first tracks.

Admit it, you know what I'm saying here is true.

2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

I am such a first-track person. The last track is too much of a pain, especially when there are "hidden" tracks. Then I wonder, what is the true "last track?" But then I think of some kickass first tracks and realize that how you start is much more important than how you finish:

"Bittersweet Symphony," The Verve
"Miracle Drug," AC Newman
"Surrender," Cheap Trick
"Tangled Up in Blue," Bob Dylan
"Vertigo," U2

There are tons more. Damn Kieran, now I'm going to have to write an entry about this...

6:20 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Will you cite me in your thesis? Five cents, please.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home