Sunday, January 14, 2007

Various and sundry.

Once upon a time when I moved to Seattle I was very excited about the non-snowiness of the winters here. Those were the days! Gray January days in the 40s, oh how I miss you.

If this doesn't stop soon, I am moving to California. Is there any worse fate that nature could visit upon me?

I finished Hairstyles of the Damned for book club, which discussion I missed last night because Josh came over and we watched the Eagles lose. Whoo! It doesn't get much better than that. But anyway, this book -- not so much my thing. Though it did employ occasionally creative use of fonting, which might either delight or horrify my colleagues in the typography group at work. But the main good thing about this book is that now that I have finished it, I have started Reading Lolita in Tehran, which is turning out to be just what I wanted to it to be. Even though this woman who saw me reading it at the salon the other night told me that it was not at all what she wanted it to be. But I might as well admit this right now: I've read my fair share of Nabokov, but I've never read Lolita. And now I feel as though I ought to.

Speaking of the salon, I cut most of my hair off on Friday. Now I have less hair.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to keep going south past livable California, into the strip-mall zone. It's been fairly cold in the bay area too.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget California!! You should move to Maui! It is 80 degrees right now...in January.

Kara

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home