Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Things that I have not blogged about.

This is a list of stuff about me that you might not know. I figure that it is important to include this thing on a blog in order to faciliate smoother, more efficient identity theft.
  • I prefer sorbet to ice cream. Who doesn't like ice cream? Well, mostly I don't like ice cream. Ice cream makes me thirsty.
  • Three outdoor games I played a lot between the ages of 8 and 13 are ghost in the graveyard, kickball, and red rover. We also played something called Easter egg hunt that was sort of a cross between tag and... well, tag. Except you had to be able to come up with novel color terms to get access to base (you know, like periwinkle? crimson? aquamarine? and other stuff from the big Crayola box).
  • I wasn't allowed to watch sit-coms in primetime growing up (syndicated runs during the day were okay on sick days). We were more a private investigator show kind of household.
  • On the whole I did not like high school.
  • Growing up I played softball, field hockey, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, and swimming. In college I proudly added inner tube water polo to this list.
  • My first slow dance was to "Throwing It All Away" by Genesis. I even remember who it was with, but I won't include his name here in case he vanity searches his own name and then discovers what a disproportionate sense of importance this dance had in my life.
  • I used to have a slam book. Twice.
  • I remember the names of every teacher I have ever had.
  • For most of my life until almost the age of 30, I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I grew up. Now that I am sort of grown up, I am doing something else.
  • I run with a watch that includes GPS functionality.
  • The two cats that we have now are the first pets that I have ever had. They are also the best pets that anyone has ever had in the history of the world.
  • I am introverted, but extra-social.
  • On the whole I would rather read about it than actually do it.
  • According to the Kolbe assessment, I am a theorist, which means that my conative creativity is in originating concepts, innovating systems, and initiating trends.

And probably some other stuff.

Life is easier with bullet points.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay Black... said...

two things:

1) you are introverted, but extra social. does that make you a liar? like, do you always kind of sigh and say, hell, do i really have to see [insert name here]? oh well, time to put on the happy face and muddle through it? or is there another interpretation of this?

2) why didn't you like high school? i _thought_ i didn't like it because i was unpopular. now that i am popular, i've figured out that if i went back to high school and was actually popular, i still wouldn't be happy. i'm just a generally miserable person.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Everything about high school is designed to make people miserable. You think it's just you while you're there, but it isn't. People who claim to have enjoyed it in retrospect are mostly lying.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jay Black... said...

it's designed to make you miserable? i'm not sure if i agree with that. i do think that most people _are_ miserable in high school, but i think that's something that comes from within rather than from without. what i mean is that looking back, there's not really much _too_ hate. lots of time, not much work to do, freedom (to a limited degree) but with all of your basic needs taken care of. it _should_ have been a paradise.

having taught for as long as i have, i think that there are some people that enjoy high school because they have the kind of personality that lets them enjoy anything. these are generally soulless human beings that will one day be elected to congress.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home