Sunday, June 24, 2007

My life in bullets.

Last month I ran the Vancouver Marathon. I didn't blog about it because I haven't been blogging about anything. So in a nutshell, here are some other things that I have done in between returning from Mexico and discovering conservapedia:
  • Finishing War and Peace. I liked this, but I liked Anna Karenina more. After 1000 pages of expository philosophy interwoven with the narrative, I did not feel that Toystoy had left a whole lot of room for ambiguity about the nature of his feelings regarding the role of the individual and free will vis a vis the making of history. Did I really need the extra hundred pages of expository philosophy at the end to recap?
  • Working like a gazillion hours. I have work-life balance issues. I'm working on it.
  • Loving the series finale of The Sopranos. No one seems to have been neutral about this. I'm kind of wondering if David Chase is a fan of the movie Limbo.
  • Having the annual clothes swap party. I picked up some really cool stuff this year, and got rid of over hal my wardrobe at the same time.
  • Thinking about buying tickets to Australia. We haven't pulled the trigger yet, but we plan to soon. We're going for part two of Carlton and Sindy's wedding. We're trying to figure out which place we ought to stop along the way/back.
  • Attending the new Phinney farmers' market. It is so awesome to have one of the markets happening so near our house. It is doubly awesome that the Tall Grass Bakery attends. And the most awesome thing of all is that it runs from 3-7pm on Fridays only, so it provides a very good reason for getting out of work at a reasonable time on Friday.
  • Seeing my sister graduate from law school. This has two benefits. First, she is now done with law school. Second, visiting Meredith now means going to LA instead of to St. Louis. Everybody wins!

Probably some other stuff too. But now I don't need to feel bad for loitering on everyone else's blogs without giving updates of my own.

1 Comments:

Blogger this charming man said...

Go. To. Australia.

Don't think twice about it. I've got a ton of frequent flyer miles that I may use for an extended trip there next summer. See Melbourne, Ayers Rock and the outback.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home