Monday, September 24, 2007

How do I love thee, Deborah Madison?

Deborah Madison, you're a freakin genius. I've long been a fan of Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, which really is for everyone, vegetarian or not. I've given the big orange cookbook as a gift at least ten different times, and we use it every week or two in our house. The recipes are simple and as close to foolproof as I can imagine. And they're pretty darn tasty to boot.

But with this soup cookbook, you've outdone yourself. We bought it on a snowy day in our neighborhood last year and we've never looked back. And I'm sitting here right now eating the smoky tomato bisque and giving thanks to the cookbook gods that you're willing to share your recipes. You are a culinary hero!

Go get this cookbook, people. Seriously.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a housemate who won't eat anything but his own vegetarian cooking, which consists entirely of chopped-up veggies overcooked into mush.

I don't have to eat it, and I'm not payign for the veg he ruins, but it still hurts to look at it.

Maybe I'll get him that cookbook.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home