Saturday, July 28, 2007

I am (almost) ready for some football.

High-level: There are two slots remaining in my fantasy football league. If you're interested, send me email and let me know. It's a free league with an open draft, and draft is in about a month.

Details: This summer hasn't felt like summer, for some reason. We've had some beautiful weeks, but also a few more cloudy days than we've had in previous summers since I've lived here. But I don't think it's about the weather. Somehow I'm just not feeling very summery this year. I can't really figure out why. Maybe it's all the time at work, or maybe it's the fact that as I type this, it's overcast and gloomy outside and I kind of feel like going back to bed instead of going out for a long run, gardening, and going to a wedding (which is what the day really has in store for me, starting in about 15 minutes).

Rather than dwell on it, I'm trying to get back into the spirit of summer as much as I can. But I'm kind of undermining that by also looking ahead to the things that I enjoy about fall. And one of the things that I enjoy about fall is football season. And one of the things that I enjoy about football season is fantasy football.

So if you want to join, let me know. Or if you think you can fix my summer blues, let me know that too.

2 Comments:

Blogger this charming man said...

i don't know what to make of the eagles this year. the news stories so far are about how they've come to camp without turmoil and confident, and no major injuries to deal with outside of mcnabb's knee, though he should be ok by the start of the season. are the cowboys a threat with a new coach and a happy t.o.? are the giants gonna do anything without tiki and now possibly without strahan?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

The Giants are hosed this season. Last in the division.

As far as the NFC east is concerned this year, my money is on the Redskins. You heard it here first!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home