Thursday, November 18, 2004

Are you my friend? Have you ever been single?

More on Breakup Girl: Given my experiences of late, I've been finding the matchmaking posts particularly entertaining. Are you my friend? Have you ever been single? If the answer to at least one of these questions is yes, chances are that you've been set up on a date by me once or twice. I am incurable, in a kind, loving, and mostly well-intentioned kind of way.

I've recently learned that two friends I set up years ago have gotten engaged. Whatever happens to them from this point on -- and honestly, one of them is kind of insane so it's really hard to say how this is going to go -- I think I can reasonably claim this set-up as my success. Whenever a couple gets over six months, definitely a year, it's my success. If they mess it up after that it's their own responsibility. I just want to be singled out at someone else's wedding. Is that so much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home