Sunday, March 27, 2005

Many flavors of Greek.

We finally went to try Vios yesterday for lunch. Vios is a Greek deli-type place that's been open in our neighborhood for a number of months now and about which I've only heard good things, including but not limited to the good things that Ben posted on this very blog. Well, they were all deserved. The restaurant space was awesome -- airy, high ceilings, vibrant colors, huge collection of books about all things Greek. We split the hummus/tsatsiki/baba ghanouj and pita appetizer and then Chris had the lamb souvlaki sandwich with tsatsiki and I had the lamb burger, which was composed of chunks of succulent ground lamb in a pita with tomato marmelade and roasted onion and zucchini slices. It was damn good. Loved the food, loved the space, and will definitely be returning for future Saturday lunches. (They're open for dinner now too, but to me it feels more like a lunch place.) I wish I had a place like that near work for weekdays.

Speaking of Greek, I'm a little more than halfway through Pledged, the Alexandra Robbins book about going undercover with sororities for a year that was a NYT bestseller last year. I have a lot to say about this book, so stay tuned for a lengthy post about it when I'm finished reading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home