Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Beauty and the geek.

Screw Fox, it's the WB to the rescue this time around!

This show panders to every horrible stereotype about bubblehead bimbos and dorky boys that you've ever heard. I hate it. I love it. I love to hate it. It's faithful to the Paradise Hotel tradition of hot and humid reality TV. In a word, it is going to redeem the televisual summer. Record it with the DVR of your choice today. No, tomorrow. It's reairing tomorrow.

Today was borderline annoying in a variety of ways. Chris and I handled that by leaving work and going to Seven Stars Pepper, and eggplant in garlic sauce plus scallion pancakes plus the WB saved the day.

No, seriously. It's going to redeem the televisual summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

I was going to write the exact same thing! (with the exception of the trip to Seven Stars Pepper, of course)

My one beef is that some of the "geeks" aren't that ugly, and some of the "beauties" aren't that pretty. Alas...

It would be interesting to see with a gender reversal. Have smart chicks and himbos.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

I think it's kind of good that one or two of the geeks are closet cute boys (or at least average boys). It creates enmity and resentment among the other geeks. And what's better TV than enmity and resentment?

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home