Sunday, July 03, 2005

The big day.

Plot summary of my wedding:

Spent the afternoon eating and hairing and makeupping with bridesmaids and generally chilling out and having all of the above documented by our photographers. After my panic at my hair trial, things actually worked out really well yesterday -- I was pretty happy with how both hair and makeup turned out for all of us.

We strove for brevity and irreverence in ceremony stylings. I think we accomplished both. It featured a romantic Bollywood number from Pankaj, a reading of The Owl and the Pussycat from Ray, articulate and sweet vows from Chris, and somewhat more scattered but well-intentioned vows from me. Recession to "Birdhouse in Your Soul."

Although I spilled salad on my dress (oops) a few bites into my dinner and spent the next half hour running around trying to remove it (which I mostly did) and therefore missed dinner, I am told that the food was reasonably good.

Although my sister told the one story I had expressly requested her not to tell because it makes me sound like a deranged young psycho, her toast and all the toasts were great.

Although it was an overcast day, the sun broke through the clouds around 9 and we got a very nice sunset.

Although lots of friends and relatives weren't able to make it, many of them were and we had a great time with everyone. And thank you to everyone for all the nice gifts, which continue to trickle in!

Although the song was started a little late, Chris and I nevertheless managed to make our marital debut to "The Final Countdown" in what we hope was a suitable nod to our Arrested Development brethren.

All in all it was wonderful. It passed by in kind of a blur and I didn't get to spend as much time talking with everyone as I wanted to, but things worked out pretty much exactly as we had hoped (minus the salad oil spill, maybe!). I can't wait to get the pictures back.

And no, I didn't change my name.

5 Comments:

Blogger grumperina said...

Kieran, congratulations! I'm glad everything happened as planned :).

5:55 PM  
Blogger this charming man said...

and how about that officiant? such style, such grace! hott!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

The officiant did a great job. A job worthy of tequila.

2:03 PM  
Blogger heathalouise said...

just wait for the deluge of "mrs. chris b------" cards and such! Congrats again, and sorry we couldn't make it. I wouldn't have been much of a dancer anyhow...

6:22 AM  
Blogger TVD said...

oh, man, sounds lovely! congratulations, kieran.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home