Thursday, August 18, 2005

Omelette, Redmond style.

I've been buying a lot of new music this year, but in the end I still haven't found anything better than the Stars album. Really. It's damn good.

I finished The Corrections last night. I can't decide whether it's about a highly functional dysfunctional family or about a highly dysfunctional functional family. It's one of the two. I can see how Jonathan Franzen and David Foster Wallace are friends. They're the same genre, but I think different styles. I really enjoyed the book, but my lingering criticism is that I wanted more Denise, less Gary. Maybe less Alfred. More Chip. I guess I wanted more of those characters that are more like me.

On with my quest for something new to read. I saw that Jason blogged about Guns, Germs, and Steel. It made me miss Jason. I had a conversation with d last night that I felt that I needed to have with him or Jason. Really needed to. No one else would do but those two, and yet in few other respects are they similar, and in almost no respect are my relationships with them similar. And yet only those two would fit. I've made lots of friends in Seattle, but I'm still working on finding someone for this exact kind of conversation. Maybe I'm getting there. I see potential everywhere. Or not everywhere, but in some places.

I know what I mean even if no one else does.

Oh, man, I just saw all the beavers log on all at once. I just bet they're playing XBOX. But I digress.

Actually, I do little besides digress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home