Sunday, September 05, 2004

Foodstuff

Chris has promised to make me a Mexican feast today. It's only 9:30 in the morning and I'm already antsy for dinner. Darren and Kalyani kindly took us to La Carta de Oaxaca last night for dinner, so this is shaping up to be pretty much the ideal culinary weekend. The only thing that could make it better would be a visit to Nishino.

Chris is a really, really good cook. It's hard to believe he didn't start cooking until around the time I moved out here. I'm a pretty good cook but of a totally different variety. I'm more the kind of cook where I can shop a couple of times a week for whatever's fresh and seasonal and then throw it all together in 45 minutes into something reasonably good. Chris is more the ornate recipe kind of cook --if I try to make the things he makes it's a disaster. He's a little bit Thanksgiving turkey, I'm a little bit side dishes. Symbiosis!

***
I'm looking into my race schedule over the next several months right now. I'm on the hook to do the Seattle half-marathon on November 28 but that's the only thing I have definitely scheduled. I've been looking into finding a half-marathon that Erin (who had her big race this morning!) and I can do together as part of a fun long weekend, maybe in Boston or maybe here or maybe somewhere else warm and delightful. I'm excited. Between her and Chad and Ben and Megan, I've never had so many friends willing to race with me before.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had a great visit. thanks for everything. d&k

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I had a successful completion of my very first triathlon this morning. A race report is coming; I am waiting for my official times to be verified. Overall, it took me about 1 hour and 53 minutes. That is about 10-15 minutes slower than I had hoped, but there were definitely some unexpected hurdles for me during the race. Since I still finished, and finished under 2 hours, I met my goal for my first tri.

More to come in the race report!

Erin

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home