Thursday, December 23, 2004

Airport ramblings, or take this, A&E!

This is pretty fun so far. My flight is delayed. I'm using the airport's handy wireless network. No one is online to IM me and keep me company. I did get to talk to a crazy lady from Juneau at the sandwich place/bar where I had a sandwich and no drink. I should have had a drink. All things considered she was only a little crazy. Mainly she was Alaskan. She's scared of Seattle. She's never been to New York. One thing she is not scared of is a stiff bloody mary.

People, where are you? I need diversion. Apparently I need diversion separate from the two books and most recent issue of Harper's that I brought with me for the trip. I'm addicted. I'm a junkie. I'm okay with that, most of the time. I was thinking I shouldn't have brought my laptop. Now I'm glad that I brought my laptop. One other thing I realized this morning is that we forgot to get our building managers a Christmas present. Last year we gave them chocolate. The precedent has been set, and it's too late to turn back. We're a present-exchanging pair of households. Except for our household, this year. I also didn't send any Christmas cards. I got the basic presents for the basic people and a few oddball things for non-basic people because I happened to see them and because it felt like the right thing to do. It was about 50% the right thing to do.

What if instead of flying to my dad's house I caught a plane to Honolulu?
What if instead of flying to my dad's house I caught a cab home?

I'm totally fatigued. Last weekend wasn't restful. This week I got greedy with time to myself at night and stayed up way too late. Every night. And got up early. Every morning. And drove miles and miles. Every day. I wasn't drinking, gallavanting, or otherwise meaningfully engaged. My sleep has suffered. I need it to be the night of December 30, which I estimate to my the next night on which I will get a really good night's sleep. That's a week away. I need a vacation. I've been overusing the word drama lately.

I need reinforcements. Or reinforcement. Or both. I need my plane to take off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home