Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I'm looking for my next fix/Craving a little science.

I'm in work limbo right now. In moving from contract to full-time I'm changing my email alias and my ID; right now I have an ID that lets me into the building but no access to the corporate network or my work email. I'm a girl in-between.

I'm thinking about going to see Asahi/The Catch/Some By Sea/Wesafari on Saturday night if I can find someone to drag with me and maybe even if I can't since practically everyone is going to be out of town. The show is at Vera, this non-profit arts center kind of place downtown. I've never been there but they often have smallish shows that look pretty good and are reportedly swamped. I've been meaning to check some of these shows out for a while now.

I'm almost done with these William Trevor stories and I'm looking for my next fix. This time I think it's going to have to be non-fiction. Read anything good lately? I'm thinking of picking up Longitude by Dava Sobel, since I enjoyed Galileo's Daughter so much. Craving a little science I guess.

Show me some love, people.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooooo! go kieran go!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hip! hip! hooray for kieran!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Anonymous, I wonder who you might be!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've only been reading chick lit from Red Dress Ink lately. Don't think that's what you're looking for. http://www.reddressink.com Mostly 20 something single women who drink and obsess about how many dates before they can have sex with a guy ;-))

10:57 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Someone I know peripherally has published two novels through them (Caren Lissner). I've been meaning to check them out. They're apparently chick lit only insofar as they're about 20/30something women, but the marketing is capitalizing on the current chick lit sales trend. Have you checked them out?

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with your peripheral friend's books. From RDI, I've read Sarah Mlynowski's Milkrun and Fishbowl. Laura Caldwell's Clean Slate which I didn't care for much...

Other books I have in my hands are One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossein. My hubby is reading Into thin Air

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home