Wednesday, December 08, 2004

You're awake and I'm asleep.

I need sleep. There's no good reason why I should still be awake. This was going to be my night of quiet time, downtime, alone time. It hasn't been.

I'm feeling like I need a day off. I'm not sick, but I'm weary and worn out. This past weekend was fun, but it wasn't physically restorative in the way that proper weekends are. Lately I've noticed that I'm using the word proper the way Ritchie does. Likewise for Chris and the word beanie. That Ritchie is contageous. Estuary English is, evidently, contageous.

I'm trying to remember how I dealt with living in a dorm in college. I think I dealt with it by having my own room and, while I had a roommate, by having a roommate who had her own room. I go through wildly social periods and intensely private and introverted periods, the latter of which often coming as a surprise to anyone who only sees me when I'm feeling more sociable. I'm feeling quieter these days, but I haven't had a lot of opportunity to be quieter.

No good reason for me to be awake right now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're the only person who's ever told me that "beanie" is a britishism!

- c

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the oed says "orig. U.S.!"

beanie - orig. U.S. [cf. BEAN n. 5b.] A small close-fitting hat worn off the face.

1:02 AM  
Blogger heathalouise said...

Did your recent trip to Boston inspire the Letters to Cleo reference in your post title?

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Ah, Letters to Cleo. This is why I adore you, heathalouise.

That album is one that I listened to recently not having listened to it for a few years, so it's been bopping around my head, probably reinforced by my Boston adventure.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home