Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling satsuma

Damn, these things are good.

I think I've blogged before about my love of seasonal produce. It's true: I'm a whore for in-season fruit and vegetables. In the end, though, most of the time I still prefer summer stuff: peaches, basil, tomatoes, corn, berries -- man, the berries alone are enough to make a girl cry! But there's one thing winter has that the rest of the year doesn't that turns me into something like a coke-addled rat: these sweet little clementine oranges, or satsumas, or whatever you call them where you are. Is there anything wrong with a clementine? If there is, I can't think of it.

It's sunny out today! And I took the day off and I've been spending it running in the sun and eating gloppy cheese quesadillas and clementines. In a little while I'm going to head out to finish up some Christmas shopping and get myself a haircut. I'm loving life right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home