Thursday, January 06, 2005

Travels, travails.

Ritchie told me yesterday that Cambridge, where he was an undergraduate, will give M.A.s to any members of his graduating class who return for this special M.A.-giving ceremony this spring. And to think that Penn and Princeton are worried about grade inflation...

We're thinking about taking a quick trip to New Orleans in April for a long long weekend if we can find friends who want to join us. As yet we haven't worked out the details, but it feels like a good time to go. New Orleans is one of my favorite places to travel -- I even considered taking a job there a couple of years ago -- and we haven't been back in a few years. So... who's going to go with us?

3 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

Don't let it be from April 14-17, as there's a chance Mike and I will be in Seattle (if I get into a conference). But I might be up for that, as my best friend is in a doctoral program at Tulane and has been bugging me to visit for months...

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i might be game. let me know when you have particular dates in mind. i hear (from you and chris and others) that the eating is good.
-ben

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my husband is in fact a recipient of this fake-y M.A. from Cambridge; according to him, it is sort of a right conferred upon you to get an extra degree just because it's sooooo special and challenging to get a bachelor's from there. so you get the extra bonus degree. 'cause damn it, *you* went to *cambridge*. he finds nothing odd about this. (my own alma mater confers upon you a smiley face sticker to add to your diploma. 'cause *you* went to the *univ of IL* ha!)

anyhoo, we're totally serious about N.O. also!
--anony-cassie

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home