Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I'll take your Z and trade you five Es.

I am a Scrabble dork.

This is not news.

I am a Scrabble dork who hasn't been playing much Scrabble lately. I've let my NSA membership expire. I need to buy a good clock. I should probably get protiles. I'm feeling rusty. There's a Seattle tournament in May that I'm thinking I should play in, but I can't get past the fact that I don't like the tournament vibe. The problem with Scrabble club is the people at Scrabble club.

On the other hand, I don't really like the casual kitchen table game vibe either. The problem with the casual kitchen table game is the casual. It's not okay to be an obsessive freak. Which is what I am. Or have the potential to be. I'm an underachiever.

It's too bad Mario and I didn't have time to play when he was here for Puzzlehunt this weekend. How many totally dorky activities can you cram into a 72 hour period? I didn't even get to help with the Scrabble-oriented puzzle during the hunt.

Help me, people. Help me regain my addiction. Lately I've been substituting shopping for pink clothing for Scrabble. Something is wrong with the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

I LOVE Scrabble. There just isn't a better game.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

It's true. Alfred E. Butts knew what he was doing.

There may be games of different types that are as good (chess, go, tackle chutes and ladders), but I agree that there are none better.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home