Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Of sushi and rum-based cocktails.

At the end of every month our group director takes everyone with a birthday that month out to lunch at the restaurant of collective choice. A a few of us rallied for a pretty good sushi place on the eastside, which turned out to be a good choice. Two of the party had never tried sushi before and one of them started with uni with quail egg, which is pretty much the scariest place to begin. One of the two asked me why sushi was served with rice, i.e. why we have sushi instead of just sashimi. My hunch is that something about the way the rice is sweet/vinegar accentuates the flavor of the fish, but does anyone know for sure? I need to remind myself to ask Chris.

I've been in the current instantiation of my job for about three months now. I'm both enjoying it and really ready for a vacation, even a short one. I told Cathy I'd be happy to research Cajun French enablement if Microsoft wanted to fund my trip, but surprisingly she wasn't ready to sign up for that.

Is there a better rum cocktail than the hurricane? Other than the mojito, I mean.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

have you considered the possibility that rice has a complimentary protein profile to most fish? anyway, try this, er, topical rum concoction from mixed-drink.com. hee hee.

http://www.mixed-drink.com/Rum/crustycreole.html

10:19 PM  
Blogger heathalouise said...

mo-HEEEE-to! (or, does that reference belong on the other blog?)

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home