Sunday, April 09, 2006

An open invitation and rebuke.

We moved this week. I am behind on life. Things we currently have include:

a rug
cable and internet

Things we currently do not have include:

furniture

But we're getting there. The house is awesome and we love the neighborhood. One thing I will not love is traffic on I-5 in the morning to get to 520. But hey, you can't have it all.

If I ever invite you over to my new house, you will do well not to thank me for the invite. Oh, you can thank me. But even die-hard descriptivists have their limits: this use of invite as a noun is an abomination. Don't give in to your baser instincts, people. Hold the line on reason.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the rebukation.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Yes, yes, this is how language changes. Even descriptivists are allowed occasional lapses into judgmental irrationality.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home