Sunday, March 19, 2006

Dis/replacement.

I love this time of year in Seattle. The second half of March begins one of my favorite seasons here -- we start getting stretches of nice days, sunny and near 60, to break up the winter gray. I first visited Seattle at this time of year and I stayed for a month, only to move back here for good a few weeks after heading back east to get my stuff. Maybe that's part of it: the nostalgia of a fresh start, a new beginning, actually coinciding with spring for a change. I can remember running all over Capitol Hill in all kinds of weather in between working on my dissertation and making dinners in Chris's 600 square foot apartment.

And now it's four years later -- have I been living here for four years, really? -- and it's a sunny Sunday and it's going to be 60 degrees out. We have the walk-through for our new house this afternoon; we're finally moving out of the apartment where we moved a couple of months after I moved to Seattle for real. In that time I've finished school and written a bunch of stuff and gotten a job and now we really live here. If we decide to have kids, they will be from Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home