Sunday, November 11, 2007

Everything you've ever said is brilliant.

So I gave in and joined Facebook. I know, I know. It was cooler to be a holdout than it is to be a lame old person who's missed the boat forever and then rushes in several years too late. Whatever. Your actions are dictated by social imperatives too.

You know that old song "Crush Story" by Too Much Joy? At least one of you does. Pandora suggested it to me the other day and reminded me that I really liked that album, and since then I've had that whole album and that song in particular running through my head on more or less constant repeat. I was hearing it all through dinner with people last night. At least I avoided accidentally humming or something. Of course, that might be due to the persistent and loud live balalaika music that would have drowned me out anyway. Did you know that people in Seattle play the balalaika in 2007? I did not.

We're starting to gear up for Hong Kong and Australia. By which I mainly mean that we're thinking about gearing up. For the first time ever I won't have massive vacation surplus to roll over. It better be worth it. Why is it that I have way more trips that I want to take than vacation time that I have to take them? Why is this blog post so all over the place?

2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

OMG, what's said is that I saw the entry title in my feed, and I knew EXACTLY what the reference was.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Anything you wanna do is fine with me.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home