Sunday, November 18, 2007

Of music and holidays.

The Stars show was awesome! So was the meal at Campagne beforehand. On the way out of the show we happened to bump into one of the Campagne chefs and were honestly able to tell him that the meal was fantastic. Check another place off the Seattle classics list. I really want to go to Cafe Campagne for brunch sometime, maybe when the weather gets nicer, which is when football season ends, which is when Sunday brunch becomes a good option for me again.

But so the show: I've been meaning to see this band for a long time, but I missed them the last time they rolled through town. It definitely lived up to its billing. The set was definitely sort of recency-focused, but they also played the exact set of older stuff that I'd have asked for if I could have, including their "This Charming Man" cover. Besides the music, the show was noteworthy for two reasons: 1. There was a marriage proposal, and 2. Death Cab was there. I guess they're Stars fans too.

This should be a pretty good week. Most everyone is out of work for the holiday, which means I should be able to get more done in less time. We have people coming for Thanksgiving so we have a ton to do and I have the Seattle half next weekend, so it's gonna be busy. It just hit me that we don't really get Christmas this year. Not sure how I feel about that yet. It's either going to make the winter feel much longer or much shorter. I'm not sure which yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home