Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Four evenings.

So I finally saw Million Dollar Baby on Friday night, just in time for the Oscars. I thought it was pretty good, but not Best Picture good. Assuming The Aviator was the only other real contender, I'd rather have seen The Aviator win. Of the nominees, Sideways was far and away my favorite, the only one of the five nominees that is in my own actual top five movies of the year. But it was pretty clear that it didn't have a shot.

At least the Oscar viewing itself was fun. We had a few friends over for dinner -- we tried some new Thai-ish recipes (including mussels in Thai red curry sauce that were really, really good) -- and between the friends, the food, and TiVo, the evening was a success.

Speaking of TiVo... Chris and I have started making our way through the backlogged episodes of Lost that we've been steadily accumulating over the last several months. We're three episodes in and I'm still not sure what I think, but I'm still watching and becoming more and more eager to see more. Maybe next we'll actually get to the backlog of Deadwood...

Tonight I'm going to play Scrabble against an actual person, one of my first games against a non-computer in months. I feel as though I should have been reviewing word lists in the meantime. That's because I am a nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home