Tuesday, November 08, 2005

HoodtoCoasting.

Ben got confirmation today that our Hood to Coast registration for next summer went through! I was hoping we'd get a slot, but given the demand for the race, I wasn't really expecting stuff to work out. We had so much fun when we ran with Ben's then-company a couple of summers ago that I've been hoping for another chance to run the thing.

For those of you who don't know, Hood to Coast is a continuous 200 mile relay race where each of 12 teammates runs three legs ranging from 3-8 miles in length. It makes for amazing camraderie of running, sleep deprivation, and ensuing bodily functions. I was more wiped out after finishing HtC than I was after finishing a marathon a month or two later, and it was worth every step. This year I think we'll make sure to include volunteer drivers in each of the two vans so that we don't get stuck with runners also having to drive the legs they're not running. Seriously, this race was one of the most fun weekends I've ever had, and that was with all strangers apart from Ben. I can't wait to repeat it with some people I actually know.

This was a good piece of news with which to end an up-and-down kind of day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bridges Runner said...

Just did a search on "Hood to Coast" via the web to see if anyone else posted about it:) I received confirmation that I will be on a team as well...H2C 2006! This definitely made my day! See you in August 2006:)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home