Saturday, October 08, 2005

On books and bikinis.

Today I have to buy some stuff for our trip: Tevas, a bathing suit, some toiletries, some reading material. What kind of reading material is appropriate for long flights and tropical vacations? We're talking hours and hours of reading time over the next couple of weeks. And so you have this dilemma: one gigantic Infinite Jest-size tome that will easily take the whole trip but is quite a thing to lug, or several smaller, lighter paperbacks on a variety of topics for a variety of moods? Anf if it's the former, what's the volume that I should bring to sustain me for the whole trip? If it's the latter, should one of them be written in French? I am kind of freaking out because I am realizing that my French is not what it used to be. The first few days of the trip are going to be a rough awakening.

And don't even get me started on finding a bathing suit.

(In Seattle? In October? At all!)

3 Comments:

Blogger TVD said...

I *swear* I hadn't read this when I emailed "did you get a new bathing suit" this morning! I swear. Maybe you should buy one over there?

7:18 AM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

I did buy a bathing suit! In fact, I bought two and a half. (One bottom has both tankini and bikini tops to go with it.) I am quite pleased indeed.

9:58 AM  
Blogger heathalouise said...

I was in Old Navy today and the woman at the checkout counter said, "Do you need a bathing suit for next year? Check out the clearance section. They're 47 CENTS a piece." I just thought that was really, really funny for some reason.

Did you time your vacation to go with OC hiatus?

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home