Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Entourage

Dana Stevens aka Liz Penn wrote this article in Slate today about Entourage in which she misses the point:

http://www.slate.com/id/2106620/

I wasn't sure whether I liked this show after seeing the first episode or two, but over the season it grew on me. Her main complaint seems to be that the show lacks what she calls conflict, which as far as I can tell means that she thinks it isn't plot-driven enough. Well, it's not too plot-driven, and it's pretty unapologetic about that; the set-up is all about character. With current TV land as a backdrop I see this as an asset rather than a liability.

***
(I am off to fantastically pathetic success in my football league, scoring the third lowest in week one but finishing victorious anyway because I was up against someone even lamer-duck than I was. Hip hip, etc.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home