Thursday, January 20, 2005

Back to basics.

Last night I went to see House of Flying Daggers. I missed Hero when it was out and I'm not always such a fan of this genre to begin with, but I really enjoyed Daggers. This particular viewing was enriched by my mom's wacky theories about eternity and the ending of the movie. Hm. In any case, I've been feeling so melodramatic lately that it was good to have a dose of good old-fashioned ass-kicking. It was a classic tale of love lost, love regained, heartbreak, and flying around on bamboo trees with machetes.

I'm thinking about starting a technical blog for work, all about linguistics and Microsoft and linguistics at Microsoft. As much as I'm enjoying working on real products that people will actually use, and I really am, I find myself missing a few things about straight up linguistics and academia in general, and I'm hoping this will help scratch that particular itch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home