Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Throw-down dorkstyle.

Just got back from my dinner with Edie, the old friend from Tuxedo Park. Hard to believe it's taken us a year to make this happen. It turns out we have a lot in common these days. It sounds like I may have another friend to do races and hikes with, which would be a good thing. It's funny how we were able to pick up after not having seen each other since, oh, middle school. Maybe it's because we never hung out a lot in middle school but seem to have a lot in common now. And, it turns out, we did in middle school too: we had crushes on all the same boys.

For dinner we tried this Via Tribunali place, and it was pretty good. Not the best pizza of its type I've had -- not even the best in Seattle --but not bad. It's no Otto. (Jake, if you're reading this? Otto is amazing. And I'm not just saying this because it's a Mario Batali kind of week, either.)

I think I found bridesmaid dresses today, and maybe even a dress for me, or at least a pretty good back-up choice depending what else I see this weekend. Which would be good, as I'm having a few other wedding conundrums. This dress is both significantly less expensive than I'd budgeted for and simpler, too, so I feel as though I can/must splurge on some really nice jewelry to accessorize with if I get it. And I know just the jewelry, too.

Maybe I can get us a wedding cake shaped like a TRS-80. Go ahead, I dare you: think of something dorkier than that.

3 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

I'll warn you now. Anything called "bridal" jewelry is going to be ridiculously expensive and will probably bring your ensemble up to budget. I am still shopping for my tiara (shutup, shutup, shutup) and the price is absolutely ridiculous. (I also found my dress for a "very reasonable" price.) But yeah, get yourself some nice jewelry! You deserve it...

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each slice of cake shouldn't take too many bites otherwise you'll get a buffet overflow.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2002084972_wedcake08m.html

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home