Sunday, May 01, 2005

Proto-geeky.

We saw Hitchhiker's Guide last night. I don't know what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. I never read the book as a kid, so maybe my perceptions about it going into the movie were misguided. I'd describe it as the kind of movie that an eight-year-old sci-fi proto-geek would love, but maybe not too many other people (including and perhaps especially grown-to-full-gestation sci-fi adult geeks). Alas.

***

In other news, there are a couple of shows coming up that I am determined to go see even though my track record with following through on shows on Wednesdays and Sundays is pretty sad and even though the Wednesday show is in Ballard:

Wed, 5/4 The Lucksmiths/Tullycraft {album release}/Math & Physics Club, Sunset Tavern
Sun, 5/15 Ivy/Robbers On High Street/Astaire, Crocodile

Ivy I've been wanting to see for years now and never had the opportunity, so I'm especially excited about that one. Now it's just a matter of rounding up some lucky victims to go along for the ride.

3 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

I think there's one band in the world that I may actively hate more than anything, and that is Tullycraft. "Pop Songs You're New Boyfriend's Too Stupid To Know About" encapsulates everything I hate about precious indie-pop snobbery. I heard some Math & Physics Club on KEXP the other day, and I kinda dug that.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Oh, Heather. Tell us how you really feel.

I love M&PC. I've been trying unsuccessfully to see them live for some time. That's why I want to make sure I get to this show. I'm actually not too familiar with Tullycraft (but I kinda like The Lucksmiths from what little I know). I'll let you know what I think.

3:15 PM  
Blogger heathalouise said...

And yes, I realize that I misspelled "your" in the title of that awful song.

I really need to get better about expressing my opinions, don't I? :)

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home